The Undead Invasion of Gau-Kau

Niekulawy język oraz zdjęcia mile widziane!

Moderator: RedScorpion

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
Jedy Knight
Forma Skrótowa

The Undead Invasion of Gau-Kau

Post autor: Jedy Knight »

The winter hasn't come yet. Fresh flowers bloomed on disoriented brushes.
The surface of a muddy pool stirred. A bony hand emerged, followed by a rotting skull. More bloated corpses pierced the surface, crawling to the shore. Weeping willows bent, their branches sprouted claws. In a flurry of blows, the dismembered remnants sank back in the mud.
The undead were coming...

Set-up.

Princess Anne clutched the reigns of her Dragon impatiently.
The reinforcements promised by Lord Varden didn't arrive. No Eternal Guards and no Treekins, meant that the mercenary Elf - Assarnil had to do.
She mustered what she could; a Wych Elm Spell Weaver, a regenerating Battle Standard Bearer, two Spell Singers with scrolls. Four packs of Dryads, 20 Glade guards, two small groups of War Dancers, two groups of War Hawks, two squadrons of Wild Riders. A Great Eagle and two Treemen... Less than a hundred Wood Elves had to face an Unknown Undead menace... All she knew, was that the Tomb Kings of Warsaw have allied themselves to the Treacherous Undead Jedy Knight, Blood Dragon Count.

Obrazek

On the other side of the plain, the Undead emerged slowly. Jedy Knight, brandishing his Sword of Might, urged his 15 Black Knights forward. A lumbering Giant, 3 Necromancers (Book, Periapt, Power Familiar), 24 Dire Wolves, 12 Zombies, 10 Fell Bats. His ally, flying King Tomash (4+ ward, Armour of the Ages), brought three Liche Priests, 3 chariots, two bases of swarm, a scorpion, 20 Warriors FCG, shields. 15 Archers, 15 Tomb Guards FCG with Icon of Rakaph, 3 Ushabti, two catapults.

Obrazek

Both armies formed their ranks. Each had 5 dispel scrolls, but of course the Undead magic phase had to be more dangerous. (10-11 PD for the VC alone)

Obrazek

The Undead advanced rather briskly.
In the TK magic phase one catapult misfired and swallowed one of the crew, the other was stopped.
Jedy Knight miscast the first Gaze (VC had 3 gazes, but no Dances), ending the magic phase.
The TK catapult killed a Dryad.

Realising that an enemy killing one Dryad per round was not very dangerous, the WE came out of their hiding places.
The Wild Riders started their long trek, the Dragons and Treemen still lurking.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Princess Anne let go the Hail of Doom arrow, duly inflicting four wounds on the Giant.
The Archers killed four Bats.

The scorpion lost it's way in the tunnels and died.
All the bats charged the archers, survived the stand and shoot, and tied up the archers long enough for the scattering Tomb Swarm to arrive a few rounds later.

Obrazek

The Chariots charged the Eagle, which fled cunningly only a few inches. The two chariots that ended in the wood got destroyed.

Obrazek

The catapults killed another couple of Dryads, but the necromancers furiously reduced one unit of Dryads to three, and annihilated another.
The Hawks and Assarnil passed their panic tests.

Obrazek

The Hawks charged the Dire Wolves, fluffed their attacks and decided to run, instead of hit and run. The Wolves charged the Dryads.

The Wild Riders on the flank got ready for their deadly run. Assarnil hiding behind a wood closer to the enemy.
Princess Anne landed cunningly behind the obelisk, close to the flank of Black Knights. An Irresistible Call of the Hunt, sent her into action.
The Dryads made short work of the Wolves, but Princess and her Dragon, true to their form, killed one Black Knight. She was still cursing Jedy's Book, when The Crystal saved her from the killing blow she was served in return.

Obrazek

Jedy moved to the side and challenged the Princess, but decided not to hurt her. (The Crystal held.)

Obrazek

King Tomash joined the Ushabti, and the fun started.
A furious TK magic phase sent the Ushabti into the Wild Riders, the Princess wisely deciding to hold on to her last two scrolls.
A moderate unit of Zombies appeared.
The King's unit overrun into the Wild Riders with the War Banner.

War Dancers, BSB and Treemen, jumped out of the central wood.
Assarnil landed in position.
The Hunt was dispelled.
Both Treemen strangle roots didn't inflict a single wound on the Giant.
The Wild Riders not only held, but won the combat by four, crumbling the Ushabti to the last remaining.
The Crystal broke, but Princess Anne didn't fall from the saddle, and bravely stayed in combat.

The Giant ran down some Dryads.
Both tree were hit and wounded by the Flaming Attacks of the catapults - both stayed on their last two wounds.

The last WR with the War Banner held.
Princess Ann finally fell from the saddle, and her beast run.
Trying to pursue would just expose the flank to the Treemen, so Jedy held his horses (just), and returned to the front rank.

Obrazek

And they're off!
Two Treemen from the front, Assarnil from the side, challenged by Jedy who fluffs his attacks, visibly shaken by the fact that his Gem of Blood immediately doubled the wound from Assarnil. Luckily his armour saved the Dragon's attacks. The Knights loose horribly, their armours are made of butter.
The Hawks try to rescue the Wild Rider with the War Banner, loose horribly, when their champion fluffs and gets killed while the King finishes off the last WR. The Hawks escape for now, since a h&R would see them off the board.

Obrazek

Counter-charges galore.
The Guard and the King (separately) charge the WD, who hold.
Skeleton Warriors Attack the Tree.
The Wolves chase the Hawks away.
Furious shooting and magic leaves the BSB on his last wound (4 successful regenerations out of five wounds), his WD retinue disappear.

And they're off again!!

Two Dryads and BSB crash into the BK.
Jedy finally kills Assarnil, the beast stays and kills some Black Knights.
The regiment crumbles precisely to the last wound and Jedy Knight crumbles into dust, The Wolves on the table start to crumble - they will disappear next round.

The final round.
The Giant charges Assarnil's Dragon, which wisely decides to flee, never to rally.
Raised Zombies are propelled through Book of Arkhan into some Mages, who flee hand in hand eleven inches.
The King helps the skellies break the Tree ( no re-roll - The BSB failed one of 5 regeneration saves) which crashes into the Obelisk. The other tree is thereby immobilised, thank god.

The Wood Elves defenders can not do much in return.
The big unit of Dryads takes out a catapult.
The Mages rally.
Desperate breathing from the Dragon, fails to inflict any wounds on the necromancers or the Lich Priest.
Irrelevant combat.

The Undead have won a Marginal Victory. But with Jedy Knight reduced to a pile of dust, the Vampires retreated to resurrect him, and King Tomash was not prepared to enter the woods alone. Princess Anne was taken off the field, shaken, but OK. apart from her aching behind. She will be ready to fall off her horse (sorry - Dragon) once again, as she's used to, with this configuration of magic items.

End of story.

Waiting for the photos to refresh my memory - as I didn't take any notes.
The inability to make a cup of coffee or tea, order a pizza and talk about how I cheated Tomash two years ago, all at the same time - made for an inferior game on my part.
At least Tomash cleared the path through the snow, to park the car, while me and Brother Tom were cheering him on.
I will kill anyone who comments about my army selection.
All of Varden's WE figures at my disposal were fielded - which with Assarnil, and some champions made for an army of exactly 4000 points.
I warned Tomash about the Treemen and Dragons, so he brought two catapults. Hasane Edriander has competently replaced Varden as Brother's Tom's WE co-general.
The minimal size of the Undead's victory (858 points) is of course due entirely to the horrible mistakes of my so called "co-general" - Tomash.
I was too busy trying to make a cup of coffee (which I failed to make anyway) to control his antics. :P

Seriously though - thank you all for coming to the village of Golkow, I hope you all had as good a time as I had.
I'll make a snow-cowered table for the next encounter.
Photos and comments from outraged co-generals - highly welcome. :D

(small remark by Tomash)
PS. "Man" of The Match: Jedy' Dice Cup - trying to "Gaze" down Dryads 9 (nine) 4+ wounds out of 9 hits
Obrazek
:shock:
Ostatnio zmieniony 30 sty 2007, o 15:01 przez Jedy Knight, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Obywatelu, zrób sobie dobrze sam.

Tomash
Spaministrator
Kontakt:

Post autor: Tomash »

Dobrze było :) Brat Tomasz już dostał namiary do wrzucenia zdjęć, więc wkrótce battle report dorobi się dokumentacji fotograficznej.

Jeszcze raz dzięki za świetną bitwę Bratu Tomaszowi, Jackowi z Gołkowa i Jackowi z Łodzi. Wzorowa bitwa towarzyska.

I jeszcze jedno:
The minimal size of the Undead's victory (858 points) is of course due entirely to the horrible mistakes of my so called "co-general" - Tomash.
I was too busy trying to make a cup of coffee (which I failed to make anyway) to control his antics.
Obaj doskonale wiemy, Jacku (a nasi przeciwnicy tym bardziej), jak niewiele powyższe stwierdzenie ma wspólnego z prawdą ;) Właściwie to prawdziwa jest chyba tylko liczba różnicy małych ;)
Admin-cieć: póki forum działa, jestem niewidoczny :mrgreen:
A tak serio: rzadko bywam na forum, rzadko sprawdzam PMki. W sprawach ogólnoforumowych lepiej kontaktować się z innymi administratorami. Najlepszy kontakt ze mną to mail: tomekrs@o2.pl

Awatar użytkownika
Jedy Knight
Forma Skrótowa

Tomash pisze:Obaj doskonale wiemy, Jacku (a nasi przeciwnicy tym bardziej), jak niewiele powyższe stwierdzenie ma wspólnego z prawdą ;) Właściwie to prawdziwa jest chyba tylko liczba różnicy małych ;)
A i też nie do końca :P :P :P , bo nie policzyłem punktów za małe oddziały zombiaków - zaczynały sie od 5-6 a były trzy... za te dwie co ocalały zapomniliśmy rzucać sypanie - więc trzeba je wszystkie policzyć.... ze stówka się zbierze...

Ponadto prawdą jest też, że przez osiem godzin nie udało mi się zrobić kawy.... :P

Awatar użytkownika
bigees
Mudżahedin

Post autor: bigees »

czemu po angielsku?? jakis konkurs/obco jezyczne pisemko?

Daro
Oszukista

Post autor: Daro »

Pewnie na twf poszło ;)

Pozdro

Awatar użytkownika
Jedy Knight
Forma Skrótowa

bigees pisze:czemu po angielsku?? jakis konkurs/obco jezyczne pisemko?

Żeby wszyscy zrozumieli.

Awatar użytkownika
Murmandamus
Niszczyciel Światów

Post autor: Murmandamus »

Bo pewnie zapostował raport z bitwy na anglojęzycznym forum i nie chciało się autorowi już tłumaczyć.
zapraszam na Polskie Forum Kings of War

https://kow.fora.pl/

Awatar użytkownika
Mauler
Wodzirej

Post autor: Mauler »

Leniuch. Nawet kawy nie nagotował... ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Brat Tomasz
"Nie jestem powergamerem"

Post autor: Brat Tomasz »

to ja cos napisze dla tych co nie zrozumieli ;)

znakomita bitwa w wytwornym towarzystwie, zwroty akcji, emocje, dramatyczne szarże.

bardzo lubię duże bitwy w 40tce i widzę że w WFB takie gry wychodzą znakomicie.

polecam się na przyszłość :-)

PS foty się zrzucają na ftp :-)

Awatar użytkownika
Chaoschild
Chuck Norris

Post autor: Chaoschild »

No wlasnie z checia bym zobaczyl fotki.
Rzeczywiscie bitwa musiala byc przednia, dobry wynik zwazywszy na baty jakie dostala czesc VC armii Undead i pecha przy magii z tego co doczytalem.
PARTY IN THE MOONLIGHT AND DANCE TO THE SUNRISE...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/chaoschild

Awatar użytkownika
b_sk
Kretozord
Kontakt:

Post autor: b_sk »

Gdzie te zdjęcia?
A licky boom boom down!!!

Awatar użytkownika
SlanesH
Falubaz

Post autor: SlanesH »

Jedy Knight pisze:
The scorpion lost it's way in the tunnels and died.

Dopiero teraz ? :D
Moja galeria - klik!
Maluje za kasę - klik!

Tomash
Spaministrator
Kontakt:

Tak krawiec kraje jak mu staje, a że części fotek brakuje (Brat Tomasz pracuje nad poprawieniem tego niedopatrzenia), to poskładałem co się dało z tych, które dostałem :)

W każdym razie zdjęcia są. Enjoy! :)
A tak serio: rzadko bywam na forum, rzadko sprawdzam PMki. W sprawach ogólnoforumowych lepiej kontaktować się z innymi administratorami. Najlepszy kontakt ze mną to mail: tomekrs@o2.pl

Awatar użytkownika
Jedy Knight
Forma Skrótowa

Tomash pisze:Tak krawiec kraje jak mu staje, a że części fotek brakuje (Brat Tomasz pracuje nad poprawieniem tego niedopatrzenia), to poskładałem co się dało z tych, które dostałem :)

W każdym razie zdjęcia są. Enjoy! :)
Dzięki Tomku! :D

Daro
Oszukista

Post autor: Daro »

Czyje sa te cudne WE :D

A raport bardzo fajny, WIECEJ TAKICH ! :P
Sam wkrótce też cos czasne z raportów. ;)

Pozdro

Awatar użytkownika
Jedy Knight
Forma Skrótowa

Daro pisze:Czyje sa te cudne WE :D
To "Najpiękniejsza Armia Świata" Vardena.
Strasznie lubię te modele. Następnym razem postaram się je bardziej wyeksponować.

Dzięki za miłe słowa. :D

Tomash
Spaministrator
Kontakt:

O, wystarczyło przygotować Jackowi zdjęcia i od razu poleciał się pochwalić kolegom z zagranicy ;)
http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=25472

To tym razem ja też dziękuję za miłe słowa :)

Awatar użytkownika
Lunn
Masakrator

Post autor: Lunn »

Fajne strzałki zaznaczajace szarże :)

Awatar użytkownika
Zox
Chuck Norris

Post autor: Zox »

Lunn pisze:Fajne strzałki zaznaczajace szarże :)
Właśnie, w czym były robione?
<truepunk> powinni robic dwa niezalezne turnieje, dla pijacych i dla niepijacych
<truepunk> sorry, ale jak ja mam wygrac z zawodnikiem ktory cala noc spal i ani piwa nie wypil, jak ja ledwo stoje?
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
szczurek
Niszczyciel Światów

Post autor: szczurek »

w papierze :D:D toz to (poprawcie mnie jesli sie myle) wyciete z papieru .....
Malowanie figurek ---> szczurek1903@wp.pl
Coolminiornot ---> LINK

ODPOWIEDZ