Co zmieni się w 9 edycji? (Podsumowanie link w 1 poscie)

Wszystko to, co nie pasuje nigdzie indziej.

Moderatorzy: Fluffy, JarekK

Zablokowany
Awatar użytkownika
Never
Chuck Norris

Re: Co zmieni się w 9 edycji? (Podsumowanie link w 1 poscie)

Post autor: Never »

+ milion i talon
Potem pojawił się Tauruk, no ten to rzeczywiście ma to co trzeba, gaz w nogach, postawę, może przywalić i odparować cios, umie zasuwać jak dziki! Gdyby nie ta jego francowata pięta!

Borysss
Chuck Norris

Post autor: Borysss »

Asmodai pisze:
zmiana swiata nawet stylistyki ale kuuufaa SKIRMISH?
A jaka zasada broni Ci ustawić modele na kwadratowych podstawkach w starym dobrym klocku?
Raczej to , że jedno modelowe klocki to nie klocki ale bobki :lol2:

Awatar użytkownika
Azgaroth
Szef Wszystkich Szefów

Post autor: Azgaroth »

So, tonight I spent several hours at my local gaming shop with the Age of Sigmar. Our shop was one of a handful to get an early release demo box. I'll share my experiences here. I had originally planned to do so over on Warseer, but have apparently been permabanned for "advocating IP theft". I imagine it was because I suggested collecting PDFs of 8th now that they've pulled it and stopped supporting it (much like Mordheim and other games which are freely shared on the internet). Ah well! Here we go, fellow dwarfs. So, Warseer mods, if you're reading this, there is a grudge with your name on it.

First, the models are exceptionally good. They look even better in person than they do online. They don't look warhammer (not the Sigmarites, mind you. Khorne's followers do) but they look amazing. If you enjoy cool models and painting them, it's a hell of a deal. With the stores discount we can get a box for 100.00, which works out to about 2.00 per model.

The 96 page fluff book is heavy on exceptional art, but *really* light on fluff. It's worth a flip through to see some old school armies, and it looks better in person than it does in the leaked photographs. Again, good looking stuff, nice pictures, but I was really hoping for more writing and I didn't get it. There's a series of narrative battle scenarios that you can play through with the minis that come with the box. Sadly, no pictures of any dwarf armies in the book. I had a sad.

The game comes with two measuring sticks, dice, minis, the rules, and the book. The box art is good - very old school feel. The miniatures are tricky to assemble because each one is specifically numbered. It's really not snap fit. Lots of parts, but you need the instructions to build each individual model.

So, we played several games (I played three and watched one).

I tried to game the system to see how it would play. I chose the Khornite guys, and we didn't have all the units yet (they were being speed painted as we played). My opponent deployed several units but I stopped at 4 models (hero, monster, lord, khorne warrior deployed as a single unit). He had six. So, I got Sudden Death. He picked his only hero (the standard bearer). I only had to kill that one guy to win. He had to table me.

Because the board is decided into even halves, I started in his face, and won first turn with a dice roll. I was able to move and charge the target hero immediately. Once locked into combat it was only a matter of time. I killed his hero at the top or bottom of 4, and it was all over. At the end of the battle we added up our total wounds. I had 24, he had about 16. So, I had 1/3 less models, but 1/3 more wounds. I got the advantage of Sudden Death, and had the power to make it happen. We all concluded that it was sort of broken that I could do that, and that model count and not wounds was the balancing factor that let me win with a single objective.

The lax rules led immediately to base stacking. Because of the rules pertaining to measurement, we had base lips on top of base lips, and some odd facing miniatures just to get a bit of the mini within the 1" or 1/2 charge range. I did one butt-first charge in the large game I played, because the good guy hero's tail was the only way I could get into range.

Anyway, I played another small game, and then got something to eat, and then played a game with all of the demo minis, this time playing the Sigmarines.

We basically lined up right on each other, again because there is no "no man's land", just two board halves. I won first turn, moved up, and charged. My shield guys both went into his big unit of Marauders while my lord and the Angels went to deal with his monster, his Blood Warriors, etc. My hammer guys failed their charge, so they were stuck. So, combat began in earnest, and I wound up rocking face (made a ton of saves on the first round). This is probably the only part of the game that feels like it requires any amount of strategic thought. Figuring out the order in which to fight is important, because you alternate choosing units back and forth. So, I want this unit dead before he swings, so I pile in and hit him. Then he goes, then I go. Outside of deployment, this is where the strategy lies. For long-time Warhammer players, it's not hard to pick what's optimal at any given moment. So, strategic, but not challenging.

Anyway, once combat was in, we fought each other for about an hour, and I wound up winning. Battle Shock can be nasty, but the Sigmarine leader has a power that allows any local Stormhost guys to not have to roll battleshock (24" raius). It's basically "And they shall know no fear" tied to the general.

There are no wizards in either army. That being said, the BSB had a healing power and a lightning strike. They were pretty good when they worked (on a 3+). The good guy general is an absolute murder machine, but the Khorne leader can just instagib you if he wounds you and then rolls a 5+ at the end of the phase.

Nearly every model has more than one wound. Generals had about 7, the monster has 8, and the BSBs had 5. Only the Marauders has 1 wound a piece and no save. They were basically a glass cannon. The bad guy BSB could add +1 attack to all Khorne models in 18".

The powers were interesting, but they weren't very limited, which means you just used them every turn. No real choice involved there, for the most part. The game seems to be: get in there, smash, choose your units to fight in a careful order, and hope the dice see you through. Pick fights you know you can win.

The rules aren't any more detailed than what's been leaked. They need a *lot* of help. If you play Age of Sigmar, just do yourself a favor and house rule movement measurement from base to base. It's a nightmare otherwise, as I suspected. Cover mechanics need help, as well. Common sense will see you through, but they need to get a much tighter rule set if this thing is to be used competitively.

The deployment rules are broken. Being able to manipulate the game to give me vastly superior wounds and an easy victory condition was silly. There needs to be a force org system, and it needs to be official.

All of that being said, it was a fun game. Simple, easy to play, super fast, and fun. I would not want this to be my fantasy battle war game. Fantasy brawl? Sure. My opinion may change when the army War Scrolls come out on Friday. However, the rules really aren't tight enough to support a big game.

I found myself thinking "this system would be super great for Mordheim". And I sort of want to play Age of Mordheim now, to be honest. You'd have to make a lot of modifications because the statline is so simple, and you'd have to add wounds to people, but the game system could be excellent for progressive skirmish gaming like Mordheim.

shaigan
Wałkarz

Post autor: shaigan »

Narazie nie ma fluffu tylko jakiś strzęp, ciężko to ocenić, bo nie wierze, że w dzisiejszych czasach, poważna firma może zaserwować coś tak suchego, pewnie to jakoś zgrabnie rozwiną.

misha
Wielki Nieczysty Spamer

Post autor: misha »

nadzieja umiera ostatnia nie?

powyższy opis gry, nie napawa mnie nadzieją
jesli wydawca gry na wstepie powoduje, ze gra wymaga home rules dla podstawowych zasad to chyba cos nie halo :)

rownie dobrze mogli wrzucic figurki do pudelka i powiedziec - hey guys, these are great minis for our brand new game, play how you want to play that game
Klub Adeptus Mechanicus http://admech.club Warszawa, Okęcie, Al Krakowska
Sklep FGB Figurkowe Gry Bitewne http://fgb.club Warszawa, Zelazna 69A

Awatar użytkownika
Lechu
Kretozord

Post autor: Lechu »

Ale idea wdrożenia tych zasad w mordheim brzmi ciekawie.

Awatar użytkownika
debelial
Szef Wszystkich Szefów
Kontakt:

Post autor: debelial »

Już koleś źle grał jak widzę. Jest zapis że należy się wystawić ponad 12" od strefy wystawienia przeciwnika, a on wystawił się tuż obok.

Awatar użytkownika
PAWEL.KAROLAK
"Nie jestem powergamerem"

Post autor: PAWEL.KAROLAK »

misha pisze:
hey guys, these are great minis for our brand new game, play how you want to play that game
Tak właśnie zrobili! To super nowe modele dla kolekcjonerów. Na okrągłych bo prezentują się jeszcze lepiej i jak chcecie grać to enjoy!
Jak chcecie grać starymi i na kwadratach to: no worries just buy and play :D
High Elves
Wojna o Brodę!

dagreenboy
Wałkarz

Post autor: dagreenboy »

debelial pisze:Już koleś źle grał jak widzę. Jest zapis że należy się wystawić ponad 12" od strefy wystawienia przeciwnika, a on wystawił się tuż obok.
Daj spokój tam są 4 strony, człowiek mógł nie ogarnąć jeszcze ;)

iskra76
Warzywo

Post autor: iskra76 »

niedługo nauczy się na pamięć, bo to wszystko, co dostanie ;) z oficjalnych informacji GW wynika, że dużego podręcznika nie będzie

QQrydza
Prawie jak Ziemko

Post autor: QQrydza »

misha pisze:nadzieja umiera ostatnia nie?

powyższy opis gry, nie napawa mnie nadzieją
jesli wydawca gry na wstepie powoduje, ze gra wymaga home rules dla podstawowych zasad to chyba cos nie halo :)

rownie dobrze mogli wrzucic figurki do pudelka i powiedziec - hey guys, these are great minis for our brand new game, play how you want to play that game
I jest fajowo.

I tak bedzie z ETCompowane to co za różnica... :)
"W mojej ocenie byliśmy lepsi skillowo ale przeciwnicy byli lepiej ograni, przygotowani pod nas, mieli lepszy rozpiski, większy głód zwycięstwa i mieliśmy trochę peszka."
"T9A to gra o wykorzystywaniu maksymalnym potencjału obrysów figur składających się z kwadratów"

Awatar użytkownika
Murmandamus
Niszczyciel Światów

Post autor: Murmandamus »

Nie będzie. Eurodecydenci wyrzygają Age of Sigmar i odstawią z obrzydzeniem. Podobnie chyba większość batlowców?
zapraszam na Polskie Forum Kings of War

https://kow.fora.pl/

dagreenboy
Wałkarz

Post autor: dagreenboy »

iskra76 pisze:niedługo nauczy się na pamięć, bo to wszystko, co dostanie ;) z oficjalnych informacji GW wynika, że dużego podręcznika nie będzie
No wreszcie bitewniak gdzie nie trzeba kupować podręczników i zasady łatwe do zapamiętania ;)

Awatar użytkownika
GrimgorIronhide
Masakrator

Post autor: GrimgorIronhide »

Kuźwa to najdebilniejszy system jaki widziałem.

On wystawił se losowo jakieś oddziały, ja wystawiłem paru koksów - wybrałem sobie, że muszę tylko zabić bohatera zaszarżowałem w pierwszej zabiłem i win.

Jprdl. Toć tego grą zwać nie przystoi.

Awatar użytkownika
Meekee
"Nie jestem powergamerem"

Post autor: Meekee »

Ten fragment to sporo więcej niż jakieś strzępy informacji.

Są dwa ciekawe wnioski, choć już wcześniej były przeczuwane:

1. W grze turniejowej raczej konieczna będzie standaryzacja podstawek do modeli i mierzenie do tych podstawek.
2. Będzie trzeba wprowadzić pewne restrykcje w zasadach odnośnie fazy deployment.

Awatar użytkownika
syrius
Chuck Norris

Post autor: syrius »

Zasady gry z pozoru proste, ale nauczenie się zapewne zasad X każdej jednostki połączone z X kombinacjami reagowania. Jeśli przełożą całość na wzór Magicowych kart, to właściwie modele będą mniej istotną częścią. Czyli kup najnowszy dodatek! On jeszcze lepiej się combuje! Co kto lubi, i co kogo bawi. :) Nikt nie każe nam grać na nowe zasady. Stąd wrócę sobie do tego co mnie najbardziej bawi. Minus jeden w tym wszystkim taki, że nie będę mógł próbować nowych opcji, a szkoda... pytanie - jak szybko się zniechęcę. :roll:

Awatar użytkownika
Kosa
Pan Spamu

Post autor: Kosa »

GrimgorIronhide pisze:Kuźwa to najdebilniejszy system jaki widziałem.

On wystawił se losowo jakieś oddziały, ja wystawiłem paru koksów - wybrałem sobie, że muszę tylko zabić bohatera zaszarżowałem w pierwszej zabiłem i win.

blood and glory z podręcznika na 8ed wygląda tak samo ;)
"Człowiek jest czemś, co pokonanem być winno"
F.N.

Moja Galeria Pomalowanych Ludków

Awatar użytkownika
Barbarossa
Mniejsze zło

Post autor: Barbarossa »

Murmandamus pisze:Nie będzie. Eurodecydenci wyrzygają Age of Sigmar i odstawią z obrzydzeniem. Podobnie chyba większość batlowców?
To zależy. A konkretnie zależy od tego, w jakim stopniu zasady specjalne oddziałów (aka warscrolle) będą "dobrze przemyślaną karcianką z kombosami", a w jakim "bełkotliwym niezbalansowanym gównem".

Jeśli się mocno wysilę potrafię sobie wyobrazić, że w ramach tej (kulawej) mechaniki można warscrollami wbudować zarówno elementy rock-paper-scissors, jak i kombinacje efektów robiące straszliwe czoko określonym celom. A to już jest podstawa gry, która dla wielu osób może być atrakcyjna - a przy tym prosta na rozpoczęciu i szybka.

Ale znając ostatnie dokonania GW spodziewam się opcji gówno w wersji hard.

Po czym to poznam?

Oznaki ciekawego systemu: w dark elfach kusznicy, włócznicy i warriorsi mają bardzo różne zasady tak, że każdy z tych trzech oddziałów w jakiejś sytuacji opłaca się brać. Bohaterowie DE mają specjalne zasady, które kombują się z określonymi jednostkami, a kombinacje stanowią odpowiedź na różne kategorie celów u przeciwnika.

Oznaki dupnego systemu: w dark elfach spearmeni, kusznicy i warriorzy mają mniej więcej te same zdolności, więc nie ma sensu brać niczego z tych trzech poza kusznikami, bo strzelają. Efekty bohaterów będą działały tak samo na wszystkie jednostki.

Moim zdaniem są pewne granice shitowości systemu po których przekroczeniu nikt sensowny nie będzie chciał się wysilać z compowaniem tego (bo łatwiej napisać własny system).

Natomiast oczyma wyobraźni widzę limity warscrolli na bitwę, limity woundów w warscrollach, warscrolle przypisane do kategorii power A, B, C... Albo nawet excel z wartościami punktowymi. Taką tam okrutną opresję.
Ostatnio zmieniony 3 lip 2015, o 13:26 przez Barbarossa, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
Aldean
Kretozord

Post autor: Aldean »

Kosa pisze:
GrimgorIronhide pisze:Kuźwa to najdebilniejszy system jaki widziałem.

blood and glory z podręcznika na 8ed wygląda tak samo ;)
ta kuzwa, indentycznie
"Our weapons cut through them like blade through air!"

"Double or nothing, aim for his cock"

Awatar użytkownika
szczurek
Niszczyciel Światów

Post autor: szczurek »

Wiadomo już na 100 procent, że AoS zastępuje WFB? Czy to po prostu inna gra?
Malowanie figurek ---> szczurek1903@wp.pl
Coolminiornot ---> LINK

Zablokowany